The Advantages of Having a Total Station Onsite When Scanning a Project
Need to scan a project? We'll break down the advantages of having a Total Station on your job site. Learn how this technology improves workflow, increases productivity, and saves time so you can check your work.
Total Station Uses:
- Transportation Planning
- Land Management
- Precision agriculture
Benefits of Total Stations Onsite:
- Easy to Use
- Does not require a team to operate
- No experience necessary
- Saves time - it's much faster than manual data collection and layout
- Extreme level of accuracy when registering a scan
- With Robotic Total Stations, you're not stuck behind the instrument
Let's say you're scanning the first floor of a hotel. You'll need to scan the lobby, hallways, and stairwells too. The client will be able to take the data collected and integrate it into their Revit model for a redesign.
In this case, using a total station and an RTC360 gives you the ability to use Point Layout in Revit to get coordinates at grid intersections, wall corners, columns, and export to .txt file that will import into Register360. These tools will save you time because you don't have to do the work manually.
Another advantage, placing scan targets on-site, and collecting them with a total station serves many purposes.
Here’s what you can do:
- Tie to Revit or site coordinates
- Get the dimension between targets to check the accuracy of the scan
- Check the elevation of the scan and levelness of the scan
Explore Our Best Selling Total Stations
Keep tight project tolerance by measuring to a prism with the iCON iCB70. This complete fast and accurate tool performs verticality checks on formwork and structures.
The iCON iCB70 features:
- iCON build with 'build plus' on-board software
- 5-inch color touch screen and full numeric keyboard
- FineFocus telescope to simply aim to a defined target
- 1", 2" and 5" angular accuracy
- Prism and reflectorless measurements
- Bluetooth and WLAN
- Mobile data (GSM / GPRS / UMTS / LTE) as an option
- IP66 rating
When you want to level the instrument and go, the Leica iCON Robot 50 delivers. Save time and increase productivity by doing layout work and as-built checks yourself.
Want to learn more about how total stations can benefit your worksite? We have a team of professionals ready to answer any questions. Contact us today.